About this role: Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – On-Land AquacultureCampbell River, BC
We are hiring a Business Development Manager for On-Land Aquaculture for our client based in Campbell River, BC. The Business Development Manager will join the company’s dynamic team and play a pivotal role in driving their growth and success. As the Business Development Manager - specializing in the land aqua-culture industry, you will be a key member of NTE Discovery Park Ltd.’s strategic team, responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, establishing strategic partnerships, and contributing to the overall growth and success of the company. You will report directly to the CEO and work closely with cross-functional teams to achieve our growth objectives.
- Conduct in-depth market research to identify potential business opportunities, in particular the on-land agriculture industry and target the leaders.
- Analyze state-of-the-art industrial technologies and market dynamics to maintain technological edge.
- Stay updated on market developments and emerging opportunities.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive business development strategy aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Identify and prioritize target customers, industries, and partnerships.
- Work with the finance team to develop and manage budgets for partnership initiatives. Monitor spending and ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Identify, engage, and build relationships with potential partners, and stakeholders for Joint Venture opportunities.
- Lead negotiations and close deals with stakeholders to drive revenue growth.
- Develop comprehensive proposals and presentations for partnerships with stakeholders, clearly articulating the benefits, objectives, and terms of collaboration with the company.
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to expand our reach and market presence.
- Negotiate and manage partnerships, including collaboration agreements, licensing deals, and joint ventures.
- Collaborate with First Nation communities to explore mutually beneficial projects, initiatives, and business ventures.
- Develop and maintain strong, trust-based relationships with leaders and stakeholders within First Nation communities.
- Act as a liaison between First Nation partners and internal stakeholders within the organization. Facilitate clear communication and cooperation among teams to ensure the successful execution of partnership initiatives.
- Establish and nurture strong relationships with government officials, agencies, and key decision-makers. Build trust and credibility to foster collaboration.
- Monitor government policies, regulations, and legislation relevant to the company.
- Analyze potential impacts and opportunities for partnership.
- Ensure that all partnership initiatives comply with government regulations, reporting requirements, and contractual obligations. Collaborate with legal and compliance teams as needed.
- Engage in advocacy efforts when appropriate, representing the organization's interests and priorities to external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of business development initiatives.
- Provide input on product and service enhancements based on market feedback.
- Develop and implement business development strategies to achieve revenue targets and business growth.
- Track and report on sales metrics and KPIs, making data-driven decisions to optimize performance.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Oversee the implementation of partnership initiatives, ensuring that all parties meet their commitments and obligations. Track progress and report on project status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience in business development or sales, with a track record of exceeding targets.
- Strong understanding of the aquaculture industry and its dynamics.
- In-depth knowledge of First Nation culture, history, and governance structures.
- Proven working experience with municipal, provincial, and federal government regulations with respect to industry development.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and develop actionable plans.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and team-building skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and results-driven.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated environment is considered an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours as required, which may include some weekends
- Valid British Columbia Driver's License.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tori Pochapsky is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary