About this role: AUT/PAUT (Automatic and Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing) Specialist
- Responsible for assisting the Quality teams in implementing AUT /PAUT aspects of the Construction Surveillance Programs, and for ensuring the effective implementation of Contractor’s Ultras sonic testing control activity.
- Responsible for ensuring the completed weld is free of unacceptable defects by monitoring the ultrasonic process.
- Ensure ultrasonic equipment is set up correctly and is calibrated with approved calibration blocks.
- Verify all indications are noted and evaluated according to latest acceptance standards.
- Ensure defective locations are marked correctly and repair is carried out as per approved procedures and UT repeated to ensure clean weld.
- Assist and support the Quality teams involved in construction phases of the project in implementing those aspects of Construction Surveillance Programs relating to Welding & NDE to confirm that all fabrication, construction and installation activities are compliant with project specifications , including:
- Reviewing Contractors, Subcontractors Inspection & Test Plans, quality control procedures and testing procedures relating to ultrasonic inspection.
- Monitor and sentence on behalf of Company all completed welds UT scans and verify correctness of all weld inspection.
- Monitor and witness relevant quality control aspects like calibration of equipment, scribing of data lines.
- Provides specialist support for welding quality and NDE related activities including investigation of defects and issues.
- Facilitating the project activities to handle contractor queries and non-conformances.
- Review and sign off AUT / PAUT reports generated as per ITPs.
- Participate (as required by Quality teams) with:
- Deficiency Management Program to ensure that deficiencies and non-conformances relating to welding quality & UT are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to maintain compliance with project requirements
- Quality Audit Program to confirm that welding quality & UT activities are conducted in accordance with agreed plans and implement
- Lessons Learned Program to actively and continuously capture learnings from welding quality & NDE activities and to use them to develop and optimize process or specification improvements
- 10 years minimum experience. Knowledge and experience with Pipewizard / Weld Star / Olympus / Omniscan or similar phased array AUT system. Prior knowledge of working on clad (UNS N08825 & UNS N06625). Good knowledge on weldability of clad lines. Experience with PA, water wedge and creeping probes.
- Bsc in Physics or equivalent.
- Required Certifications
- CSWIP Level III /II AUT data interpreter as per ISO 9712.
- NDE UT /MT /PT Preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Capable of forcefully communicating Quality requirements, results and status throughout Company and contractor management and craft labor levels.
- Strong, assertive Quality management leadership skills.
- Posses sound knowledge on welding processes and configuration of welds.
- Requires strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Day Rate in USD
- Work Schedule:
- 12 Hours / 7 Days (28/28 Rotation)
- 31 Nov 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha